Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Aldi soldering station review

Yes when I could see I had an otherwise good iron from Tandy, which had
screw in bits. No matter how careful you were to extract them and put some
lubrication on, eventually it got jammed.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
I got one. It works fine, can be set in increments of 10C with presets of
200, 300, 400. It displays the current temp rather than the set point,
which is a plus. For what it is it's remarkably cheap.

But...
The tips are oddly shaped for electronic work. They work though.
The sponge is maybe 2mm thick, and the sponge holder similar, so that
feature is fairly hopeless.
FWLIW there are 2 solder reels that can sit on the base unit - they're
tiny.
But the no 1 limitation is that the bits screw into place, they're
threaded. So there appears to be zero hope of it lasting decades.

NT