Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Great shop tip for us old farts

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 22:24:37 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 09:02:30 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

Well, I find myself more unstable on my feet now so I need to be
careful! I have big "C"- clamps tightened on the edges and corners of
my workbench and on shelving units and on other things like my drill
press. So anywhere I walk in the shop there is a nearby handhold
readily available. In some places I have clamped a short length of 2x4
in place. All this has saved me a tumble or two. sucks to get old and
deteriorate!

Gotsk ta gitcherself a set of glittery pink training wheels/rolling
baby walker, Tawm. Make 'em up right there in the shop. YeeeeHaw!
Something simple like this: https://is.gd/VY9p1u

Sure beats falling on hard ****. Condolences.

Tom's shop is too crowded for one of them A sky hook connected to
his suspenders would work better - - - - -