Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Fitting a Stove UK

On 10/25/2018 05:23 AM, Frank wrote:
Neighbor that had moved last year, when he moved in a few years ago a
large poplar that I had planted just off the corner of our lots fell
between us taking down a few other trees. We split the cost of removal
and cutting them up and I told him that he could keep all the wood which
he was grateful for - maybe about 3 cords.

If by poplar you're referring to cottonwood that is one of the few
native hardwood species we have. It's generally considered to not be
worth burning unless you're building a bonfire down at the river from
one a beaver cut down. They are pretty this time of year.

Larch is the best we have, followed by ponderosa pine and douglas fir.
Back east people wouldn't look twice at those but you burn what you have
and deal with the creosote.