Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Fitting a Stove UK

On 10/24/2018 7:32 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 10/24/2018 7:25 AM, Bob Green wrote:
Thanks for the response, appreciate it!

Did you install your own? I have a chimney but think it needs some TLC
before putting it back to use.

Â* You're probably going to have to put a liner in that chimney ,
stainless steel I think is what they use .

I will add to that, The Stainless liner is way easier to clean than
masonry, and reduces the chance of creosote smell getting sucked into
the house when you are not using the stove. I keep thinking of wrapping
my liner in the chimney with Rock Wool insulation which should reduce
the cleaning even more by keeping the liner hotter. Insulated pipe above
the house chimney is of even more value. That's where the creosote
really grows.