Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default is the tide turning

On Wednesday, 24 October 2018 20:24:05 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 19:39:06 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

This is precisely the argument I used on friends before the original vote.
Now of course if the EU had actually cut a bit of slack to the members and
Mr Cameron, when he went over none of this nastiness would have happened..

The problem is that there isn't much slack in the €śfour freedoms€ť of
EU membership.

What are these 4 freedoms ?

They can't even count.
Teh 4 freedoms came from the EEC the freedom of WORKERS being able to WORK where they wanted rather than the added freedom of NONE workers being able to benifits in another country.

Also, one of the biggest 'reasons' for leaving
(immigration from within the EU) was actually already manageable by
the existing rules and another,

Then they should have implemented them or created EU laws which do.

the laws thing isn't actually a real
world problem to anyone I know?

and I don't know any airline pilots does that mean that airliners aren't piloted by people ?

think whatever happens to the UK unless the EU stop insisting the complete
freedom of movement between vastly different economies is going to carry on
lots more member will be ****ing off.

Ironically, I think there is a good chance many of the issues will be
resolved in any case (if we leave or not) because they would want to
stop others leaving and the only way they can do that is by changing
stuff before they do (or threaten to).

Exactly and this could only ever be achieved by the UK leaving the EU, and that's why we got the result we did, because the EU said it wouldn't change, it even refused a vote on change.
The was no way the issue would have been resolved, camoroon tried and they (EU) said no, well German and France did I don't remember anyone actually being asked.

It;s rather like people that attempt suicide they do it for a reason not many do it for fun.