Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Fitting a Stove UK

On 10/24/2018 04:25 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 10/23/18 5:12 PM, Bob Green wrote:
In the process of researching wood stoves and the installation process.
Looking for recommendations and advice on what I should know regulation
wise etc.

I don't have any technical wisdom to add. The very few people I
know who tried
them tired of the work involved after a year or two.

The biggest drawback I found was getting home to a cold house. There was
nobody home to feed the stove so even with a good airtight model the
fire would have burned down very low when I got home from work. By the
time I got the place up to temperature it would be time to go to bed.