Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Fitting a Stove UK

On 10/24/2018 05:37 PM, Bob Green wrote:
Thanks for the responses! I appreciate it. I guess I'm going to have to
carry out some more in-depth research before I take the plunge. I've
also been reading about pellet stoves now and how they are basically
more automated, so I may go down that route instead.

What's your opinion on pellets?

How is your local supply? Years ago when I was driving truck I picked up
a load and when I delivered it I thought the place looked very busy with
all the pickups parked around. Then i found out the store had run out of
pellets two weeks prior. it was strictly off my truck and into a waiting
pickup.

I talked to one woman while they were unloading my truck and she said
"It was horrible, We had to burn wood and there were all these bugs and
it was dirty and almost ruined the carpet."

They're relatively expensive but if you go that route I'd suggest
keeping a pallet or two ahead.