Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fitting a Stove UK

On 10/24/2018 5:25 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 10/23/18 5:12 PM, Bob Green wrote:
In the process of researching wood stoves and the installation process.
Looking for recommendations and advice on what I should know regulation
wise etc.

Â*Â*Â* I don't have any technical wisdom to add.Â* The very few people I
know who tried
them tired of the work involved after a year or two.

Â* They weren't all that committed in the first place I betcha ... I
could buy wood , and it would be cheaper than heating with propane . But
I have 12 acres of heavy woods and lots of trees that can/need to be
harvested . And I need the exercise . Just finished with a red oak trunk
that was 28" at the base . 20" long rounds estimated weight was around
250 lbs ... I used my neighbor's splitter , it can be used vertical ,
mine's horizontal only and I have no way to lift that much . That tree
(and another almost that big) wasn't mine , but free if I'd come and get
it .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old