Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default PAM Cooking Spray

On 10/23/2018 1:07 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
I installed a new stove a couple weeks ago in the house.Â* It was no big
deal.Â* The most stressful part was making sure it was jetted and
regulated for LP gas instead of natural gas.Â* I left off (a woefully
short) back splash because I plan to make a nice one that is actually
tall enough to keep grease and cooking spatter off the wall.Â* Well of
course SWMBO didn't care for that much.Â* She wanted that little back
splash installed until I get a round to-it.

Yesterday I went ahead and tackled that.Â* Its got pre drilled holes and
thumb screws.Â* Sadly the holes were not tapped.Â* Out to the shop for a
tap handle and an M4-.7 tap then back at it.Â* Oops.Â* Forgot the tapping
fluid, and I could feel the stainless starting to gall as I tried to
start the tap. Rather than walk back out to the shop I hit the tap with
a shot of olive l cooking spray and it worked.Â* Maybe not as
impressively as Tap-Magic tapping fluid but good enough to tap a couple
holes in some stainless sheet.

Necessity is not the mother of invention...laziness is