Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default is the tide turning

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 12:22:54 +0100, Pamela
wrote:

On 11:37 24 Oct 2018, fred wrote in
:

On Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 11:30:38 AM UTC+1, Handsome Jack
wrote:
fred posted
cf leader in Daily Mail

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...he-guardian-vi
ew- on-the-daily-mail-and-brexit-a-very-public-shift

A classic case of a comment piece that destroys its own argument.
"The easy explanation for this shift would be to attribute it to the
new editor, Geordie Greig, who replaced Paul Dacre last month after a
26-year reign. That is a big factor. But the deeper reason is that
the national mood is changing. "

No it isn't. The explanation is that the Mail has a new editor.

--
Jack

and you know this how ?

I was wondering that too. Perhaps Handsome Jack is in denial about the
changing national mood and, as a result, he can't see it.

I do feel sorry for them (the fanatic Brexiteers). It can't be nice
having a big issue about something when 'most people' don't share
those views and then, thinking you have got away with something that
you have been found out and the rug being pull out from under you? ;-(

Stepping back a second ... it's a small rebel group who have a range
of (differing) views re our membership of the EU and have managed to
scam *just* enough people to give them a marginal win using an
inappropriate *******ised poll and after winning .... taking 2+ years
to find out what they have actually won (which looks like a lame
duck)?

What a poorly planned and implemented farce.

It's a farce because it's patently obvious it's not actually *wanted*
by the majority, the benefits of doing it are questionable at best and
the chances of the outcome being appreciated by the majority are just
the propaganda of a minority of fanatics.

Now, none of that would matter if the *majority* (and by that I mean
an electoral supermajority) had voted on it, as at least everyone
would accept that as actually being the 'will of the people' (or as
near as you can get to that in any good democratic system).

Cheers, T i m