Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default solar powered pir led lights

What about some kind of lens or something. I guess the moving and focussing
electronics would use up any extra you gained.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Martin Brown" wrote in message
news
On 23/10/2018 12:46, fred wrote:
I'm looking at solar powered pir outdoor leds. Does the solar panel
have to face the sun or is sky view sufficient. ( Id need to make up
a bracket to allow the panel face south)

Apart from in midwinter when even professional grade solar powered devices
die a horrible death wrecking the batteries - it doesn't matter too much
whether you point a solar panel E,S or W. It must get direct sunlight to
have a sensible efficiency but it isn't all that critical which way it
points - a 30 degree pointing error loses about 15%.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown