Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default Contact cleaner for TEK 465B?

On 10/21/18 11:42 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 21:30:37 -0500, Fox's Mercantile
wrote:

On 10/21/18 7:44 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
The recommendation of using WD-40 is controversial.

I refuse to use WD-40 for anything on equipment other than
removing adhesive residue.

I use Goof-Off, which is 25% to 50% mineral spirits. My thinking is
anything that stinks that bad must be powerful stuff.

Goof-off has n-methyl 2-pyrrolidone (NMP) in it, and that stuff goes
through your skin super fast. It's not especially dangerous as organic
solvents go, but still it's best to wear gloves.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs