Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Flourescent light fixture not working

On Monday, October 22, 2018 at 2:31:19 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I suppose it didnt' work well before you bought the new light, so did it
then not work at all or did it flicker?

I can't remember if it flickered or not. I'm pretty sure it was flickering which is why I think putting in the LED light somehow broke the fixture.
The other fixture was flickering and the lights were exactly the same age so it makes sense that they were going bad around the same time.

Did you put the old bulb back? If it flickered before, did it flicker
then?

I put new bulbs in but I tested the new bulbs in the other identical fixture and they work in that fixture.

There is a lesson that applies to much bigger things than hardwa
Check what you're sold to make sure it's what you want.

Yes, lesson learned!

I suggested a new LED fixture. Another poster suggested the retrofit LED
bulbs where you wire them into the AC, eliminate the ballast. I'd say
one of those is your best option. Then the electrical stuff there
doesn't matter anymore.