Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Flourescent light fixture not working

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 22 Oct 2018 08:02:14 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

I was sold the wrong kind of tube lights at Home Depot. I asked for help and showed them my 32 watt 4 foot fluorescent tube that was burnt out and the guy sold me a 10 pack of LED tube lights.

I tried them in one of the fixtures and of course they did not work and now that fixture doesn't work.

I suppose it didnt' work well before you bought the new light, so did it
then not work at all or did it flicker?

Did you put the old bulb back? If it flickered before, did it flicker
then?

There is a lesson that applies to much bigger things than hardwa
Check what you're sold to make sure it's what you want.

A pharmacy once made an automated call to me to tell me my prescription
was ready (as they often had before) and they gave me an antibiotic that
I had gotten from them once a year or two ago, but which I had no need
for then. The same pharmacy twice sold me atavan, lorezepan, which I
needed to get through an MRI, in a dose twice what was ordered. I
noticed only after I was verrry sleepy after the second one, and I paid
attention** and the third time they sold me the right pill. (3 attempts
to get the MRI). **In order to catch them, because I'd swallowed the
first two.

The antibiotic above came later and its itentity was marked right on the
bottle, but the other two pills did't match their bottle. Since then if
the pill isn't wrapped at the factory, I look it up online, with google
images, to see if its image matches what I'm supposed to take. This
isn't easy sometimes because some pills come in as many as 8
shapes/sizes/colors.

The other fixture is working fine. I got 4 brand new fluorescent tubes this morning.

I double checked and the bulbs in the bad fixture are good.

But you should also put in the bad bulb to see if it works worse than
before putting in the wrong bulb.

Could the LED bulbs had burnt out something in the fixture?

I defer to other poeple on this, though my guess is No.

Thanks for any feedback on this.