Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default rain water putting pressure on treatment plants?

In article ,
says...

Where do you live that doesn't meter water? Must be nice. I lived in
Clinton Md and they certainly metered my water there. I agree it was
cheap then but that was 35 years ago. It probably also had lead in it.
Much of the water in the DC water system does ... still.

Around 1980 I was in a small development of about a dozen houses . We
all paid a flat rate from a comunity well system for about 10 years as
there were no meters installed. Then meters were installed and we were
charged by the usage. I don't recall the prices back then. About 2006
I moved to a house with my own well, so have no idea what the actual
water cost would be. I doubt the well pump uses very much power, but I
do have to pay for any repair cost , which sofar has only been about $
30 for a motor part.