DS

Default RYOBI battery comments ?????????

"Conase" wrote in message
I have many tools with rechargable batteries.

The WORST I have bought to date has been the 12 volt Ryobi.

Anyone have bad experiences with this drill ?

No need to say throw it away and buy a Milwaukee, Dewalt, etc.

Only interested in comments on this maker and batteries and good or bad
expereinces.

A friend has a Ryobi drill (not sure if its 9.6 or 12v) and its little over 1.5
years old. Apparrently he has to keep the battery on the charger all the time and
it loses a charge in a day or so if removed from the charger. I have a 4 or 5 year
old dewalt 9.6 that has been very well used and the batteries are only now
starting to show their age (still, they only take 25 mins to charge, give more
than enough work time for the 2nd battery to charge, and hold a charge for several
months of storage). I can drive probably 40 screws before a recharge, but the
milage varies. Of course replacement batteries for the dewalt are pegged around
$70 CDN...

-Dan