Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Found a microwave I like!

On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 5:04:12 AM UTC-4, T wrote:
Hi All,

On Topic? What ??? Go figure ...

The state of microwave overs is tragic with the market begin
taken over by 3C (Cheap Chinese Crap) manufacturers:
they last a year, flame out, start on their own, etc.
etc. etc..

I finally found a microwave I absolutely adore. It
only have one optoelectric rotor knob. And it
has no turntable. It have some kind of scattering technology
that cooks more evenly than a turntable. And it is
easy to clean. Built like a tank. I expect to
outlive it. It is twice as heavy as a 3C model.
It is really, really easy to operate! It is
quiet too.

Guess what, it is the same microwave you find operating
at 7-11

Sharp R-21LCF Medium-Duty Commercial Microwave (Dial Timer,
1000-Watts, 120-Volts) $265.00 at Amazon

Cost comparison, not including fire damage, fire extinguishers,
switched electrical outlets, wear on ones nerves, etc.:

Cheap Chinese Crap (I own one too, unfortunately):
Toshiba EM925A5A-BS Microwave Oven with Sound On/Off
and ECO Mode,0.9 Cu.ft. 900W, Black Stainless Steel
$89.17 at Amazon

By the way, it is not made by Toshiba. Some 3C manufacturer
bought the rights to sell it under Toshiba's name.

Cost of Ownership:

Twenty year life:
Sharp R-21LCF
1 x $265.00

3C Toshiba EM925A5A-BS
20 x 89.17
$1,783.40

Making the Sharp 6.7 TIMES cheaper to operate.

-T

The Sharp is made in Thailand, not China.

Wow, big F difference. Maybe you should go to work for Consumer Reports.
But I don't think they'd approve of your methods.

In reality, it's not just where it's made, it's who's making it and controlling
the process. There are really good products coming out of China and similar
countries, eg Thailand, and there are crap products. Apple products,
for example, are made in China.