Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peeler[_2_] Peeler[_2_] is offline

Default Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 20:51:51 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Incidentally, has anyone actually had to use tyre levers for fitting a
bicycle tyre?

Yes, I used to more than half a century ago now when I used to ride one.

Nobody gives a ****.

I always find that I just tuck the bead in at one side, then ease it in by
moving my thumbs towards the opposite side and then pull it away from the
rim at the very opposite until it pops into place; and vice versa for
removing. You'd think that a lever would be needed at least to make the
bead pop out from the rim when removing, but I've never found one
necessary. Am I unusual?

Yep, never encountered anyone doing it like that.

Nobody gives a ****.

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.