Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default Found a microwave I like!

Hi All,

On Topic? What ??? Go figure ...

The state of microwave overs is tragic with the market begin
taken over by 3C (Cheap Chinese Crap) manufacturers:
they last a year, flame out, start on their own, etc.
etc. etc..

I finally found a microwave I absolutely adore. It
only have one optoelectric rotor knob. And it
has no turntable. It have some kind of scattering technology
that cooks more evenly than a turntable. And it is
easy to clean. Built like a tank. I expect to
outlive it. It is twice as heavy as a 3C model.
It is really, really easy to operate! It is
quiet too.

Guess what, it is the same microwave you find operating
at 7-11

Sharp R-21LCF Medium-Duty Commercial Microwave (Dial Timer,
1000-Watts, 120-Volts) $265.00 at Amazon

Cost comparison, not including fire damage, fire extinguishers,
switched electrical outlets, wear on ones nerves, etc.:

Cheap Chinese Crap (I own one too, unfortunately):
Toshiba EM925A5A-BS Microwave Oven with Sound On/Off
and ECO Mode,0.9 Cu.ft. 900W, Black Stainless Steel
$89.17 at Amazon

By the way, it is not made by Toshiba. Some 3C manufacturer
bought the rights to sell it under Toshiba's name.

Cost of Ownership:

Twenty year life:
Sharp R-21LCF
1 x $265.00

3C Toshiba EM925A5A-BS
20 x 89.17
$1,783.40

Making the Sharp 6.7 TIMES cheaper to operate.

-T

The Sharp is made in Thailand, not China.