New & Improved - N/F John

Default Closing up wall chases in an unfinished basement - air intake.

Everyone needs fresh air, I just want to make sure I get enough. I was very
serious about sealing up the living space on the second floor last year.
There is also a potential for two gas stoves.

I insulated the attic and found the house does not have what I think is
"balloon construction. " The plaster ceiling goes upto the wall plate. When
I was fishing wires in a load bearing wall, I found the wall framing starts
new with every level. This forced me to make holes in walls I didn't want
to.

I agree closing the chases would help, have you done what I propose?

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Are you sure you need fresh air , older houses leak and should provide
what you need . Dont the chases just lead to the attic where heat goes
out and closing them would be beneficial