Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Old style fuse carrier colours and ratings

On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 11:10:31 +0000, David wrote:

Just having a quick look at this to try and identify circuits from the
colour of the fuses (cartridge or wire, not sure which).

I know these are getting less common as time goes on, but it would be
helpful dealing with old installations.

I think that red dot is 30/32 amp for ring mains, white dot is 5/6 amp
lighting.

However there seem to be two blue dots.

https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/threads/main-fuse-colours.15106/

White-5A Grey-10A Blue-15A Yellow-20A Red-30A Green-45A

As far as I know there is 13 amp, lighting, an electric oven from Ikea
(which may or may not be 13A), a combi boiler (which may or may not have
its own circuit) and an electric shower which should have a green 45A.

There are two red dot, one white dot, and two (apparently) blue dot.

More later.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/a/a4/Fuse_Box.jpg

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/4/4d/Other_Thing.jpg

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/c/c9/RCCB_MCB.jpg

As posted a while back I was distracted by the waste pipe buggeration and
the hardest bricks in the country, otherwise I would have had the time to
investigate.

Cheers

Dave R

---