Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default nissan leaf again

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"T i m" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 09:38:05 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

snip

Or, if only they could tow ... you could have a friction driven
generator in a trailer charging the battery as you drive! ;-)

why can they not tow ? ....

Because to fit a towbar (more the point technically) 'these days' the
vehicle (and the Towbar I believe) has to be type approved for such
and that would mean testing it with such ... and apart from Tesla in
The States (and I'm not sure their regulations are the same as ours),
no EV I'm aware of has been type approved for a towbar.

The same applies to the Ford Ka etc, so it's not just EV's.

Many (most?) Hybrids can tow because they are just ICE vehicles in any
case. ;-)

yes the worse parts of both worlds....outlandish ....tee hee

so there is no technical reason just an approval issue
....thanks.......think it applies to my mustang then ....but who would want
to tow with a mustang...tee hee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v45T5vRlQbM