Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Old style fuse carrier colours and ratings

Just having a quick look at this to try and identify circuits from the
colour of the fuses (cartridge or wire, not sure which).

I know these are getting less common as time goes on, but it would be
helpful dealing with old installations.

I think that red dot is 30/32 amp for ring mains, white dot is 5/6 amp
lighting.

However there seem to be two blue dots.

https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/threads/main-fuse-colours.15106/

White-5A
Grey-10A
Blue-15A
Yellow-20A
Red-30A
Green-45A

As far as I know there is 13 amp, lighting, an electric oven from Ikea
(which may or may not be 13A), a combi boiler (which may or may not have
its own circuit) and an electric shower which should have a green 45A.

There are two red dot, one white dot, and two (apparently) blue dot.

More later.

Cheers

Dave R

---