Default Use paste wax (only) on fir floor?

Comment based on posts in rec.woodworking where comparisons are often
made between pure tung, not tung mixed with other shtuff, and boiled
linseed oil. The BLO is really for the most part oil with metal
driers mixed in presuming Japan Dryer. BLO is used to enhance grain
appearance then topcoated with clear coats for protection. Wasn't
meaning to pick nits merely trying to extend understanding. Even BLO
takes time to "dry/cure" as you'll find out if you try to topcoat it
too soon.

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:05:31 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

From my experience it is absorbed more than dried and that does not take
all that long.

I used it on some floors in one old home I had and it worked well, but
it has its down sides as well.