Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Etymological question -- "waller" a hole

On 2018-10-13, Wizkid wrote:
replying to Tim Wescott, Wizkid wrote:
In Texas we use €śwaller€ť out a hole to refer to tweaking the size of a
too-small hole to make it €śjust right€ť (slightly, but immeasurably
bigger). I have an English degree but am not too snobby to use a
colloquialism when it is fitting and succinct.

How old is this thread? I seem to remember it popping up
several times in the last few years.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--