Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Wood chips on wild grass

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 16:44:22 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Oren posted for all of us...

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 19:07:07 -0500, Grease Monkey
wrote:

How deep do you spread wood chips? https://i.postimg.cc/hPpMZsVC/chips.jpg

A tree trimming crew asked if they could leave "wood chips" where I hadn't
expected such a huge pile. I'll need to spread them out a bit.

How deep on existing soil & wild grass would you put wood chips?

I'll have to wheelbarrow them and spread them out with a rake.
I just want to know how deep to spread them.

Spread the pile soon. I have seen large piles of chips become
infested with ticks. I mean plenty of ticks.

Sometimes they start smoking because the internal temperature rises from
"the rot".

10-4 They get hot.

If the chips were say, California Red Oak, Peach, Pear, Cherry, etc.,
I buy some bags of it.