Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Where do you dump used transmission fluid in the USA?

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 15:26:56 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

trader_4 posted for all of us...

On Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 7:49:25 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/10/2018 6:33 PM, Bill wrote:
Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Decades ago we would ask for used tyranny fluid (preferably red) to
coat and preserve aging board fences. Wonderful product

Decades ago we would not have even thought to wear gloves when we
applied it... Of course, it would be a little more difficult to manage
your cigarette.

Yes. I remember a plumber doing a repair on a pipe at work. He was
tearing off the asbestos insulation with a cigarette hanging out of his
mouth.

How about brake shops back in the day blowing off brakes with an air hose,
dust flying everywhere, with no dust masks or containment.

Cough, cough, cough - it is just allergies.

In public school we used asbestos and plaster of paris in art class
- - - as a "modelling clay"

I don't remember the asbestos part but we used plaster of paris. Never
thought about it... Asbestos is part of talc.

--
Tekkie