Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Cutting board food safety issue

On 10/16/2018 11:56 AM, MJ wrote:
Last year, I bought some small cutting boards from a friend. I took them home and sanded them and then used mineral spirits to clean them up. I knew it was wrong and I've not distributed them as gifts as I intended last year. Just wondering, how do I "fix" them to make sure that my friends and family don't get sick.

I was thinking of resending, then flooding them with mineral oil, letting them try and then doing it again.

Any hints would be helpful.

MJ

Mineral spirits will evaporate off and "should" not be an issue. Most
any non lead finish is safe once it cures.