Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Look165 Look165 is offline

Default Leaky Waterpik Ultra

The leakage comes from the whole body of the Waterpik.

For me, it came from the head ("mushroom") of the shower.

It is what we call in French "paille" I don't know the exact translation
(straw ? ) in the material of the shower. It is not a problem of gasket
(or o-ring).

The cause can be a shock or a fall.

The Real Bev a écrit*:
On 10/14/2018 11:03 AM, Look165 wrote:
I got the same problem.

The black plastic is cracked inside ; no sulution except replacement.

I don't suppose silicone gasket cement would help... Or would it?

Waterpik is rather a good product, but fails with time (5 years max).

The Real Bev a écrit :
The symptom:* the jet doesn't work and water leaks out the bottom.

The 5-minute fix:* turn the unit over, release the hose going to the
jet, remove the two screws holding the hose to the housing, pull the
hose connection out and replace the o-ring.* If you don't have a new
o-ring, move the old one around and put it back together.* Temporary, of
course...