Des Perado

Default Clothes Dryer Heating Element Stays On

Just unplug the dryer when you are not using it.
Des

"Brian Madden" wrote in message
Hello All,

I have a Kenmore electric dryer of unknown age.

The symptom was the standard "no heat."

I tested the reg / low thermostats and the hi limit thermostat.

Those tested
out ok. I was next going to test the heating coil itself, so I

plugged the
dryer in. To my surprise, the heating element came on, even though

the dryer
motor was not running.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't matter what position the timer

motor is in.
The heating element comes on whenever the dryer is plugged in.

Any thoughts? My guess is maybe a defective centrifugal switch?

Thanks,
Brian