Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hydraulics help please

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 18:50:38 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 5 Oct 2018 06:49:02 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 18:52:25 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message
om...
On Mon, 01 Oct 2018 11:27:46 -0700, wrote:

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 09:58:49 -0700, "Bob La Londe"

wrote:

Hydraulics are too messy with tiny tractors.

Having done it I disagree, though finding components small enough
fit into the cramped spaces was tricky, and I had to make several
hydraulic parts including the adjustable pressure regulator,
bushings
to adapt the cylinder seals I could find to the pistons and the
oil-tight welded frame / reservoir. The oil strainer housing is a
2"
pipe tee, in the side, out the top, and drain at the bottom.

I guess you like messy.

It ceased being messy after I learned to do things right.

Messy = overly complicated (to me). Whatever works for ya.

Hey, I designed and built my first computer and coded its operating
system and editor/assembler. By comparison making a hydraulic bucket
loader was quick and easy.

Har! I guess so. I remember flipping a sequence of toggle switches
on the (Altair?) computer to load the bootloader from the 14" hard
disc for the old Baird Gamma Camera from the '70s eons ago, so I
vaguely grok your design.

--
"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined
and that we can do nothing to change it look before they cross