PoP

Default What DIY suprise did Santa bring you then?

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:03:09 +0000, derek
wrote:

I found Mailwasher PRO was hogging the cpu and the end of the 30 days
trial came around so I couldn't investigate further.

You could always buy a license.

I'd have to use Spam Interceptor's paid for service at $9.99/yr to do
that so I'll wait and see what Demon Internet's free offering is like
in the new year.

Goodness gracious! For the first year only a cost of about 50p per
month, less than 2p per day, and free every year after that, and it's
not worth stopping the spam?

I'm always surprised that people expect to be able to use software
forever without paying the authors for continued development and
support. And those self same people find the thought of going off to
work and not being paid for it to be objectionable.....

I suppose I do object to the prices charged by the likes of Microsoft
and other major players, but for the little guys who spend enormous
amounts of time producing quality software I don't think it's too much
to ask for them to earn something for their efforts.

PoP

Replying to the email address given by my news reader
will result in your own email address being instantly
added to my anti-spam database! If you really want to
contact me try changing the prefix in the given email
address to my newsgroup posting name.....