Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lighting circuit

On Friday, 12 October 2018 21:30:16 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 07/10/2018 17:18, Scott wrote:
On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 10:40:00 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:
On 07/10/2018 01:34, tabbypurr wrote:
8

Let's settle on 1.5A circuits, permitting upto 360W of lighting.
There are plenty of flats where 2 such lighting circuits are more
than enough. These would replace the current 2x 6A circuits. There is
no extra cost there, just savings.

Why have two circuits?
It can't bee to maintain some lights as that wouldn't work without
battery backup.

If one circuit is faulty and the other is not, some lights would work.
This is the system I have. I have a number of RCBOs so that if one
trips only part of the circuitry is affected.

Doesn't help much though.
You still can't see where you want to.

it's standard practice to have at least 2 lighting circuits, idea being the house/flat doesn't descend into complete darkness.

NT