Martin

Default Washing machine drum not revolving.

could be a simple snapped drive belt. You can normally see this by taking
off the back panel, and looking for the rubber belt that connects the motor
to the drum. Sounds like it has snapped.

If so, they are fairly cheap and easy to replace.

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
I have a tricity bendix caw 811 washing machine.

On xmas eve it developed a fault where it sounded like it was working
correctly, but the drum did not revolve.
It fills and drains, makes all the correct noises, but the drum does
not move.
I can move the drum easily by hand.

What are the possible causes of this?

Just to add something which may be connected.

At the time the fault first appeared, I turned off the water supply to
the house as I was working on some taps in the bathroom. I did not
know the washing machine was in use.

Steve.....