derek

Default What DIY suprise did Santa bring you then?

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 12:37:58 +0000, Bob Minchin
wrote:

I put in Bogofilter (free) three days ago. It seesm to have got to about
95% so far...but learning well!

Hi Bob
'scuse my ignorance but is Bogofilter available for mere mortals using
windoze. I'm not a computing expert but I hate spam.
Currently I use mailwasher but it does not seem to 'learn' about my
email tastes leaving far too much crap in the 'normal' classification

I found Mailwasher PRO was hogging the cpu and the end of the 30 days
trial came around so I couldn't investigate further.

I've been trying spam interceptor www.si20.com it's a free service
which seems to get over 99% of spam, it works well and is very fast.

However for some reason it let's through some, at least, of those
"Microsoft security update" worms, viruses etc. It would be dead easy
to set a filter to get those (I'd already done it in mailwasher) but
I'd have to use Spam Interceptor's paid for service at $9.99/yr to do
that so I'll wait and see what Demon Internet's free offering is like
in the new year.

DG