Dane Koekoek

Default How to tell whether house has timber framed external walls?

In message
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Dane Koekoek wrote:

What differences does it actually make to be living in a timber-framed
property. Builders obviously construct using this technique for some
properties for a reason.

Is there anything sinister to look out for when living in one?

Its sounds different. That's the only thing I have noticed.

Damp if left untreated is more likley to result in serious structural rot.

Yes, I can see that could be a slight technical problem!!!

It's harder to hang pictures :-)

Its easier to modify things that require holes in walls.

Surely though you'd only notice this difference on external walls (assuming
that inside walls in the property would be plasterboard).

--
Dane Koekoek