Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default How long should a lawn tractor battery last

posted for all of us...

Assuming you have pretty much a 12 month mowing season.
Mine is 3 1/2 years old and won't hold a charge for a week.

Up North here mowing season is shorter. The original battery I got in my
first mower was a PowerSonic and lasted 3years! New ones lasted 1 to 1-2 yrs
if I was lucky. Of course, what did I expect with no maintenance? I did
change the oil... Kept up with the battery water as IIRC the charge was
unregulated off the starter... It sat out in the pump-house in the winter
and no starting. Oh well, now they guy comes every other week for $35. The
crew is done in a shorter time than it would take me to get my ass in
gear...

--
Tekkie