Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Lighting circuit

On 08/10/2018 21:34, wrote:
On Sunday, 7 October 2018 20:36:41 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 07/10/2018 01:11, tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 5 October 2018 23:59:10 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 05/10/2018 22:09, tabbypurr wrote:
On Thursday, 4 October 2018 20:37:11 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 04/10/2018 18:59, tabbypurr wrote:
On Wednesday, 3 October 2018 11:28:11 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

My prediction for the day: Bell wire has absolutely no future in
household electrical circuit wiring.

It's already used today for mains wiring - but not in Britain.

And that is the way it can stay...

Why do you suppose with have massively lower electricity related injury
rates and death rates than many other countries? Its because we insist
on higher standards and better quality materials.

Correct. The uk also generally fails to repeal requirements that have turned out to not be required.

There are many examples of practices and guidance introduced and then
removed in later editions / amendments.

Yup, and some not.

Care to cite one?

If you think all BR must be followed in order to have a safe effective house

I did not say that so move on.

I asked you to cite a requirement from BS7671 that you believe is now
redundant and should be removed.

there's an awful lot you don't know.

Now that is true. Its why I keep learning.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |