Nick Hull

Default stihl 021 chainsaw won't start, unless pulled 62 times daily for 6 days

In article
,
"rb608" wrote:

"bill yohler" wrote in message
grateful for any troubleshooting tips & ideas/thanks :-)

Check your fuel lines for cracks. It may be that you have everything else
correct, but you're sucking more air than fuel, despite your adjustments.
That would fit with the "had to keep 'revving it' between cuts...wouldn't
idle, even after being warmed up and making some cuts".

It happened to me (& I couldn't figger it out either g).

I have a weed wacker with a similiar problem, so I tried squirting some
mix directly into the carb intake to verify it was a fuel problem. It
started immediately and ran fine. Being lazy and not overly competent
in rebuilding small engine carbs I just squirt a bit of mix in when I
want to start it cold. Once warm it restarts easy. If it sits for an
hour It needs another small squirt. Crude, but effective.

--
free men own guns - slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/