Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hydraulics related question

Â*Well the log splitter is mostly metal too ... ennyway , I have a minor
but irritating problem with the actuator valve . Pull to split and it
goes great , pull the handle back to retract and it works great . As
long as you hold it back . There's an internal detent there that's
supposed to hold the handle in the retract position until the ram
bottoms out , and it's not holding . Directly opposite the valve piston
on the other end is a formed sheet metal cup device with a socket head
cap screw sticking out , it has a jam nut to hold it adjusted ... I
THINK this is where I'd adjust tension on that detent , but then again ,
I have zero experience with hydraulic valves .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old