Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Repair of a universal joint yoke - possible?

In message , Chris Green
writes
Tim+ wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
newshound wrote:
On 07/10/2018 15:42, Chris Green wrote:
One of the UJT yokes on our Kubota tractor has failed, one of the
'arms' is broken so no longer retains the needle roller bearing.

Is there any sane way of repairing this as replacements seem nearly
impossible to find. It's a bit of a strange design as the yoke goes
direct onto a flanged shaft (i.e. it has an internal spline) so
finding a non-Kubota replacement is unlikely. However if anyone can
recommend suppliers of (small) UJTs with splined connections I'd be
interested.

Possibly cast iron?

Possibly, yes. It certainly looks like a casting of some sort.

When you say broken, do you mean a brittle fracture or something else?

More of a 'worn away until the bearing ripped out', looking at the
remains I think it may not be cast iron as it has torn rather than
cracked.

Photo?

Good idea...... Here you go:-

http:/isbd.net/yoke/p1020500.jpg

Nope. Doesnt work...

Oops, sorry, should be:-

http://isbd.uk/yoke/p1020500.jpg

Long time since I have had any Kubota tackle but George Browns at
Leighton Buzzard were always helpful.

--
Tim Lamb