Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default car interior leather painting

On 10/07/2018 03:35 PM, Walter Heger wrote:
What sort of paint is used on a car (QX56) interior. The paint seems to have rubbed off on the steering wheel and corners of drivers seat. I was wondering if the best option might be to paint it. Is this [for leather] paint sold at AutoZone? If I tape off and spray it on, will it look good?
The auto dealer recommends replacing the steering wheel and seat, but that is pricy. I guess I could always go that route if the paint job looks bad!
Has anyone tried painting a light tan interior?

Assuming it is aniline leather:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIaDDd9KEE

I have no connection to that product and there are other similar
products on the market but that's the general idea.

If it is vinyl that's a horse of a different color so to speak.