Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default How long should a lawn tractor battery last

On 10/06/2018 06:37 PM, wrote:
I would blame vibration if I had a cell connector failure or something
but this just acts like an old tired battery. I really suspected that
I had a drain of some kind in the system when it was off but I don't
see anything on a pretty good amp meter. I am going to try it again
next week and if it is good, I may pursue the drain thing more because
I might just have a flaky switch or other contact that is open now.

Have you tried a desulphator?

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...-fact-fiction/

https://www.instructables.com/id/Des...an-Altoids-Ti/

I was going to brew one up but realized that by the time I rounded up
the components I could buy a BatteryMinder. The cheapest models go for
around $40. Beyond that you get more bells and whistles and the ability
to handle more batteries at once. I just cycle it through the bike
batteries throughout the winter and they're all ready to roll in the spring.