BPO

Default Sears Kenmore Electric Dryer Will Not Dry Clothes!!

We just purchased a Kenmore Elite dryer (90 series I believe). The dryer is
nice, but takes forever to dry clothes. I have 240VAC across L1 and L2. I
suspect the problem is a clogged vent as I went out to check the flow and didn't
feel anything at the exhaust on the side of the house with high heat and timed
dry. So, I'm going to fix that tomorrow and see what happens. However, I have a
question about a reading I took at the incoming electrical terminal block. With
the 3 prong power cord disconnected, my ohm readings on the dryer were infinity
between
L2 and N, infinity between L1 and L2, and 1.024Mohms between L1 and N. I thought
the L1
to N would change to infinity as I rotated the timer dial to off, but it did
not.
Can anyone explain why I have resistance between L1 and N?? Any other ideas as
to why this thing won't dry clothes in a reasonable time? Thanks!