Posted to uk.d-i-y
samchunk samchunk is offline

Default Holding spectacle frame screws

"PeterC" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 12:32:21 +1000, samchunk wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
samchunk explained on 05/10/2018 :
For some reason I can't find any already magnetised using
jewellers magnetic with amazon, ebay or aliexpress. Maybe
the shafts are too fine to work well like that or something.

Attach a small magnet to the shaft and the magnetism will pick up steel
screws at the tip.

Duh, thanks for that, I'm getting more stupid by the day.

Along the lines of Blutac etc. that 'hi-tec snot' used to glue together
the
edges of mailshots or, once upon a time, CDs to mags., works well - a bit
stickier than Blutac with less pressing in needed. It can be rolled off of
the paper to form a nice little bogey.

Yeah, forgot about that stuff. I usually get it on replacement credit/debit
cards now. Thanks for that.