Larry Davick

Default temco wall heater

I grew up (well, spent my childhood...) in a house that had gas fired wall
heaters, no blower, though. The thermostat simply works off of the milivolt
electricity generated by the flame (I think) and the gas burners are beneath
a heat exchanger tube.

My Mother loved these heaters. On a cold day she would simply back up to
the heater, and toast her backside. Nice and cozy.

I have no idea how efficient they are, but they sure can warm up a house!
Oh, by the way, I remember that they would pop and make a lot of noise as
the metal expanded.

"Mike Muderick" wrote in message
Moving into an old house, found a Temco? surface mount Wall heater. It

seems
to be gas fired. How does this heater work? There is currently no
electricity in the house, yet the heater is hot. But I don't think there

is
any flame. It does have an AC plug, which I assume is for a fan- I'll

know
when the power comes on.
TIA
Michael Muderick