Mike Mitchell

Default How to tell whether house has timber framed external walls?

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 21:16:47 GMT, Dane Koekoek
wrote:

What differences does it actually make to be living in a timber-framed
property. Builders obviously construct using this technique for some
properties for a reason.

The kind of timber framed houses I'm thinking of here are jerry-built
crap, thrown up as quickly as possibly to make as much money as
possible by cutting as many corners as possible. That is NOT to deride
ALL timber framed buildings, as I know that other countries such as
Sweden, Germany, Finland and America can build highly successful,
durable and pleasing buildings using timber.

The kind of "home" I am thinking of is the typical "Wimpey" style
house of the mid to late 1980s. Avoid them like the plague.

MM