Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default How To Build A "Flexible" Bench

On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 8:41:58 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

She has now settled on this one. She likes the angles:

https://i.imgur.com/nr5hS2S.jpg?1

Now I just have to figure out what those angles are.

A dining seat is usually about 18"- 19" high. Have her measure the height of the chair seats.... might want to have your bench that height. On a cushioned seat, the crown (peak of the cushion's arc) of the seat is typically 19".

The bottom outside span of the legs... have them recessed about 1/2" from the outside edges of the seat. You don't want the legs to extend beyond the seat perimeter.

Make a template with cardboard, if need be. Large ones are usually available at appliance/furniture stores (dumpsters or nearby). I've saved the boxes my TVs came in.... these are thicker than typical cardboard boxes and they don't bend/disfigure, as easily as typical cardboard.

Sonny