Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default How do you keep your kitchen sponges free of bacteria?

On 04/10/2018 19:49, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/4/2018 9:20 AM, trader_4 wrote:

How do you keep your kitchen sponges free of bacteria?

Mostly, I think it's a lost cause and it doesn't matter, as long as you
rinse whatever you're washing well.Â* But if I want to sanitize a sponge
I put it damp, into the microwave on high for 1 minute.Â* Freezer seems
nuts
to me, I've never heard of using freezing to sanitize anything.Â* In fact,
it's used to preserve many living organisms indefinitely.

I do the same but if I think of it, I toss it in the DW.

We renew our sponge weekly. They only cost about 20 pence each. No

sanitizing necessary...........simple.

--
Bod