Patrick Gillette

Default Duplex Switch Wiring Help

I have a duplex switch wired up and the top switch controls a light that is
now a motion flloodlight, I want to convert this to an "always on". The
bottom switch controls a ceiling light that I still want to be able to
switch.

I unhooked all the wires from the duplex and have 1 red, 1 white, 2 black, 1
small black (overhead light). What kind of switch, switch/outlet, single
pole, 3-way switch can I buy to make what I want to do work?

The top switch (that controls the floodlight) I guess is a 3-way switch
because another switch in the garage controls the same light.

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. Posts that say "don't switch the switch" or "put tape over the switch"
aren't really helpful. Thanks for playing anyway.